Update: apparently, this was too good to last. Plastiq sent out an e-mail stating:
Due to the high demand for our latest promotions, held jointly with MasterCard, we wanted to give you advance notice about upcoming update. Beginning June 1, 2018, the Action applies to any bill or invoice, up to $250 each, not $500.*
If you have scheduled payments, with this action, we will still honor the promotional payment collection. But please note that editing these scheduled payments lead to loss of the advertising fee.
If You have not used this action, but it is your time to do so! Don’t forget to make sure that the payment delivered by September 30, 2018 to qualify.
Honestly, even with the $250 cap I’d be surprised if it lasts until 30 September 2018, but the fist is not so.
- 1 Offer
- 2 The Fine Print
- 3 Our Verdict
Direct link to offer
Plastiq sends an e-mail offer in honor of their new partnership for MasterCard, which seems to be working for everyone who used Plastiq before:
- Pay bills with credit cards MasterCard via masterpass and pay a fee for the first $500 in payments. Payments higher than $500 to pay part of the payment above $500.
You can use any credit card with MasterCard, but this promotion only works when you use MasterCard for the masterpass. Next to add a new map-you will see the option ‘more ways to add’ and MasterCard will be there.
The fee will be clearly show as $0 on the checkout page.
The Fine Print
- To qualify for the promotion, payment must be submitted or scheduled for may 15, 2018 and the payment date must be before September 30, 2018.
- Your card must be successfully exhibited Plastiq and stay in a good position to qualify for a promotional credit.
- Promotional credit is non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged. Promotion subject to change or cancellation at any time. The offer may be withdrawn at any time for any reason Plastiq. Offer void where prohibited by law.
- Valid for new and existing customers.
- Can be used only for the first $500 on each transaction.
- Must have made $500 payments to the account history to qualify (it blocks people from creating multiple accounts).
It saves 12.50 $to each payment if exceeded. It’s amazing what they allow you to use several times, until 30 September – is really useful to use. You can also get .2% back on Plastiq payments fall.
Some people have a problem with a specific wallet for MasterCard is getting cookied to their account Plastiq and the limits of their card of a particular Bank (e.g. Citi MasterCard or capital one MasterCard). There should be an opportunity to change the purse or go incognito to see if you can make vanilla MasterCard add any MasterCard.
Plastiq new users can get $500 in free processing when you register on the referral link (Plastiq here is my referral link), You can also share your referrals in this special post. I’m not sure if this offer is valid for all users who have sent the $ 500+ in pre-payment or it is only some. And we do not know whether new users registered will receive or have the right to this offer.
Hat tip FGD and runningwithmiles